Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Is it Fall, yet?

With Ben officially back to school/work, it makes me think that Fall and football should be right around the corner. And what comes in Fall?... cooler weather! What did you think I was going to say?!

This August heat is getting slightly unbearable and not doing anything to help prevent my feet from swelling... as my Aunt can tell you, since her second words out of her mouth this past weekend after "hi" were "I remember those toes", referring to how swollen she got with her last pregnancy. She did later compliment me by saying that above the belly, you wouldn't even know I was pregnant. I'm not swelling too terribly compared to others that I've seen/known, but in the afternoon, you can tell that I am retaining water in my ankles and feet. I am now officially in my third trimester. I can't believe how fast this has all seemed to go by... 13 weeks and counting left to go... and with so much still to do.

Thankfully, all nursery furniture is ordered... now if only it will be delivered in a timely manner. Crib and dresser/changer was ordered in GA, thanks to Ben's parents, last month. Then the last of it (glider, ottoman, and rug) was ordered last week with thanks to my parents and grandparents. This little girl is so spoiled, and she doesn't even know it!

This past weekend, I had my first baby shower, honoring little miss Wylie in Belleville, IL. It was great to see family and friends. Ben wasn't able to go because of work, so my mom flew down just to drive with me. No one wanted a 27 week mom-to-be to drive 7+ hours alone. It was nice being able to spend that time with her.

Here are some picture highlights of the shower...

 This is a before shot.

 We're ready for bath time!



 Basket of books!

 Knit pink booties... too cute!

 My Dad and brothers stopped in after their round of golf...


 Cutest smocked dress made by Ben's mom.

 And the boys had enough...

 Bedding for the crib!

Here's the best belly picture from the weekend. I'll post a profile picture soon to give the full affect.

 The after shot of the "goods".

 Beautiful centerpieces.

 Friends!! So glad you were all able to come!

My Mom and Aunt Lucy - the hostesses (minus my grandma who wasn't able to make it).

No comments:

Post a Comment