Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day Weekend

Ben and I celebrated Valentine's Day early since he's on call on the 15th and will be looking forward to a quiet, relaxing night at home the night before. He's on his surgery rotation now and just finished his 3rd week of it... 5 more to go!

Friday night we went to bed early, since that day Ben was scrubbed in for an 8-hour surgery... no food, not bathroom, no rest... no thank you! He was in bed by 7:30 and we didn't get out of bed the next morning until 8:00.

On Saturday, we shopped around town and ran a few errands in the morning. I have a couple sewing projects for which I had to get some supplies. I'll show you those finished projects when the time comes. We also went to Saturday afternoon Mass. After church, we went to Julep for dinner then to the movies. We saw "Just Go With It" (new Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston movie). It was hilarious! I definitely recommend it!!

That brings us to today.... we are having a lazy Sunday filled with laundry, grocery shopping, and getting ready for the work week. Ben actually had to go in for a few hours this morning, but was home by 10:00. While laundry was going this morning I had a chance to work on one of my sewing projects... here it is on my model.



Isn't she a great model? It's a tutu for my friend's little girl. I am making a top as well, so once I am finished with that, I will show a picture of the completed outfit.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable tutu and model! Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Jess! I'm glad you found me too. I am now following yours as well. Have you ever made a tutu for Marlee? If not, they are really easy and you can look up instructions online... that's what I did.

    ReplyDelete