Today I have only a quick post. Ben is on Trauma Surgery rotation right now. Here's a pic from up on the helipad. He got to sit in the helicopter as well but didn't get a picture.
Ben (thankfully) missed his calling to a lot of other professions. Among them include police officer (he loves the show Cops) as well as a helicopter pilot. UMC has two helicopters (yellow and blue) and with only hearing them, he can tell you whether it is blue or yellow. The yellow is the bigger one and therefore they sound different, he says. He can also be able to tell you whether a police car, fire truck or ambulance is approaching only by hearing their sirens. I am always impressed because these are talents I do not possess... maybe I should stop giving him such a hard time about not knowing his color wheel... nah! :)
We've had an active morning so far. We have begun "training" for a 5k - Race for the Cure - Run/Walk in April. Today was our first walk/run in a long while. There is an iphone app called Couch to 5k that we are using that changes from walking to jogging in 90 sec to 2 minute intervals, depending on the level you are on. It wore me out!
Now time to go get a manicure and pedicure... two other things that it has been a long while since I've done. We have Jeremy and Charlotte's engagement party tonight and these toes are actually going to see the light of day... something they haven't in quite some time!
Hope you are having as enjoyable weather as we are... beautiful day!!


No comments:
Post a Comment