Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tigers, Ducks, and Baby?... Oh My!

This week has been a busy one so excuse me for not posting earlier. On Monday we had some friends over for the BCS Championship game, Auburn vs. Oregon. Of course, most of our friends wanted the SEC team to win, but not my husband. Here's a picture of him some time in the 3rd quarter after the crowd had left.
He looks as though his eyes are closed, but it's just the angle that I am taking the picture and using my iPhone instead of a real camera (or I might have caught him mid blink). He was very proud of his Ducks and was disappointed that they didn't win. He has said that if Oregon wasn't so far away, he'd either be a Duck or a Beaver instead of a Rebel. I think I speak for everyone when I say, we are glad he chose to be a Rebel!

As for the rest of the week, we went to Ben's Pediatrics Block party at Keifer's. He was on call that night but they let him leave early in order to attend the dinner... as long as he brought food back for the residents that had to stay. Also, on Thursday, we went to the Family Medicine Interest Group banquet where Ben got recognized as being the secretary of the group. I was recognized for my own false "accomplishments"... I was actually congratulated for being pregnant by one of Ben's classmates... and to clarify... I am NOT.... AWKWARD! She did say that she thought she heard the rumor rather than me looking pregnant. I still was a little horrified and was sucked-in the rest of the night! I'm thankful that Clare was there to help take away some of the awkwardness... poor girl, she wanted to just sneak away... I am sure of it.

Ben is back on call today so I had lunch and shopping outing with friends, Jenni and Clare, and baby John.  We had a wonderful time as always.

I hope you have a great rest of your weekend and Happy Birthday, Martin Luther King, Jr.  I only wish that I did not still have to go into work on Monday. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment